Innovation Is at the Heart of Everything We Do
As a textile technology company, we leverage R&D capabilities to continuously generate innovative & sustainable solutions for next generations to come. The results speak for themselves, with over 100 textile technology patents in the realm of chemistries, engineering, and nanotechnology, we’re transforming what is possible in the realm of textile production.
Some of the core negative externalities of mass textile production are overuse of water during the coloration process, and the polluting of our waterways when excess dyes need to be washed off to achieve the final output. In order to solve this problem, we’ve had to re-engineer the chemistry of textile coloration via novel ink formulations that enhance performance and keep Mother Earth from harm. Looking at our dyes in particular, we’ve re-engineered them to achieve three key benefits:
- Elimination of Toxicity – our inks are water-based and don’t threaten the environment after application.
- Enhanced Color Fastness – the resulting fabrics can retain their vibrancy and true color intent of the designers through many more wash cycles than traditionally dyed fabrics.
- Precise Dosing – the dyes have been designed to complement our engineering processes and applied in the exact dosage to the fabric – eliminating the need for water hungry post coloration wash off processes.
When NTX was founded, the textile industry was still dominated by archaic fabric processing plants that were dangerous to work in due to the heat, volatile organic compound filled air, and dangerous human-operated machinery involved in the processes. The resulting outputs were inconsistent and wasteful. If you walk into an NTX facility today, it’s a completely different world. We’ve re-engineered the coloration process from the ground up with the following goals:
- Provide a Safe Work Environment – all the machinery has been engineered with safety and ease of use in mind with no exposure to high heat or pressure to the operators.
- Deliver Consistent High Quality – from design to construction, precision engineering and tooling provide consistency and quality, first time every time.
- Achieve Maximum Efficiency – our entire system is built on the premise to require the minimum necessary energy and utilize as few natural resources as needed to achieve superior quality output.
Our expertise in textile technology expands to the fundamental structure of fibers. Specifically in the realm of nanofibers we’re working on developing new fiber extrusion technologies and pushing the boundaries of their applications. Our research and development team is investigating what is achievable in nanotech with a special focus on:
- New Applications – nanotech played a huge role in enhancing our defenses during the Covid pandemic via its contribution to protective masks. The potential list of applications goes much further than just the medical field. We’re putting a special focus on fabrics and what can be done with factors such as coloration and breathability of materials by applying our nano know-how.
- Production Economics – as of today, nanotech is still very much associated with high-cost. We’re working on bringing the advantages of nanotech to larger audiences by studying how to create nanofibers at relatively lower costs.